Thursday 14 March 2013

Face mask 'Le Naturel'!


Assalam Walaikum

I wanted to share a fantastic recipe for an all natural face mask/scrub!

Although it isn't really an islamic principle, I think that using natural products fits really well within our faith... and since this recipe uses honey, which is Sunnah... so thought you might like it!!

My skin is sensitive so will react to pretty much EVERY face mask/ scrub in the UK shops. The ones that my skin tends to be better with are those with less chemicals and more natural products in. Unfortunately, those are the high end products, with a price that can cause potential lethal harm to your poor purse...

It got me thinking, why spend a fortune on a product made from natural products when I could just use natural products themselves?

And here is the result of my research!

The secret to hydrated skin is to .... DRINK WATER! Lots of it! Before you layer on moisturiser after moisturiser, make sure you 're hydrating your body well !!

I also came up with this recipe, which I just tried on today, and I would not lie to you, my skin is actually glowing!! I'm calling this face scrub 'Le Naturel'

What you will need, you will probably already have in your cupboards:

2 teaspoons of cinnamon,
2 teaspoons of nutmeg
2 teaspoons of tumeric
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1.5 tables spoons of milk
2 table spoons of honey

At the end, your mixture should look like this:


Apply on your skin after having rinced it with warm water.

It may be quite runny until it starts drying.

Leave on your skin for around 5 minutes, give or take, or when it's completely dry. 

Rince with warm water. You will notice the exfoliating effect of the spices!

Dry and apply your usual moisturiser!

TADAH!!!

Let me know how you get on!! It's meant to be really good for fighting acne as well as just giving your skin some glow!

Salam Walaikum!

3 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum. I would love to try this. Thank you for sharing!

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsSalaamu alaykum,, this didnt work for my skin unfortunately :( do you knw of any masks or facial scrubs for getting rid of blackheads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum salam... I'm looking into natural treatment for black heads and blocked at the moment, I will let you know what I find :)
      I know that steaming once a week followed by an exfoliation is a good way to keep pores unclogged but if you are going the natural way, you may want to try a few natural exfoliants and find which one works best for you. Lavender, salt and sugar are quite popular, mixed with milk and ginger... If anyone else is interested i will publish a list of ingredient that are beneficial to the skin which we may all have in our cupboard...
      xxx
      Speak soon

      Salams
      Fx

      Delete