Wednesday 8 August 2012

I am inspired!


Salams!

In my last post I added a link to an article about fasting, but I just found out that there is a documentary made on the subject! It’s not based on religion but on science and health and it is so inspiring!

Here is the link.


By the way, did you know that the Prophet (PBUH) not only kept fast during the month of Ramadan but also kept fast every Friday and Monday?

When he was asked why that is, he replied; "The deeds of the one are lifted to Allah in these days, and I like mine to be lifted while I am fasting."
He (PBUH) also said about fasting Mondays; "This is a day I was born in."
He (PBUH) said about fasting days in general for the sake of Allah; "Whoever fast a day for the sake of Allah, Allah will distance him from Hellfire for a 70-year-walking distance."

Sport has never been of any interest to me so hearing about the health benefits on this type of fasting is really inspiring. However, you need to be careful when taking up a diet. There is a thin border between eating healthily and falling into bulimia/anorexia.

Hope this documentary inspires us all to eat and live better, Inshallah

No comments:

Post a Comment